A simple, two ingredient turmeric and honey face mask that will leave your skin clear and glowing. It’s the perfect way to soothe and revive irritated skin.
My goal isn’t an expensive face wash, just a simple mask. I love home made masks, and scrubs because they are cost effective and I’m all about saving money.
This mask requires four little things that you probably have in your pantry. If not, you can find them at your local grocer: turmeric & honey.
I talk about turmeric a lot: it’s anti inflammatory, antiseptic, and all around amazing. Everybody knows you can cook with turmeric, but you can also use it topically. It’s great for wound healing and for troubled skin.
Techincally, you will get a little bit of a (yellow) glow from this mask. Turmeric’s beautiful marigold color will stick to your skin, countertops, and your marble pastry board while you’re taking pictures of it. To make sure you don’t go to work with a yellow face, use this in the evening and before you shower. Rinse it off in the shower and give your face a nice wash afterwards.
- 1 tsp organic powdered turmeric
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Mix the dry turmeric and the honey.
- Stir until you form a paste.
- Apply to your cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead being careful to avoid the eyes.
- Let the mask sit for 5-8 minutes.
- Rinse with ICE COLD water and follow with your favorite face wash.
Your turn: have you ever used a turmeric face mask?